Science of Copywriting
Daily Tips On Writing, Life and Business
If you're just starting out in the copywriting world, there'
1. Subscribe to the Science of Copywriting Weekly Newsletter (click here) and get hints and tips on how to become a pro copywriter direct to your inbox (and get a FREE copy of the Science of Copywriting Rule Book - First Steps - by far the most valuable book on copywriting you've never bought).
2. Join the Science of Copywriting Facebook Group (click here
3. There's a difference between a copywriter and a content writer (although they're often now seen as the same thing). A copywriter persuades someone to do something (
4. Copywriting for the Internet Marketing (IM) niche
5. Writing good copy
6. There are rules for writing no matter what type of writing you do. Subscribe to the Science of Copywriting Newsletter and get the Rules Book FREE.
7. Learning to become a great copywriter will take you a lifetime. This is the mindset you must start with. If you're not willing to invest your life in learning to become a great copywriter, do something else. By 'lifetime' I mean some people become proficient enough in a year, some take 20 years, some never.
8. To become a great copywriter you need to write every day (every day you don't write is a day lost you could have become a better writer). Read every day (and read from a critical perspective). Read everything (books, newspapers, magazines, articles, online content). There is no one good source of copywriting know how (it would be impossible to contain it all).
9. The only test of a good piece of copy is the sales it makes. Once a piece of copy has some sales stats, it becomes the 'control' piece from which all further tests can
10. The opinion of other people about your copy is just that, an opinion. The only real opinion comes from a happy buyer of the product your copy sold.
If you take copywriting seriously, it will change your life and the lives of many others along the way.
© Quentin Pain